Psych Babbler tagged me in January 2012 with a tag which requires the nominated blogger to list blog posts written by them under certain given categories. It is a way of looking back at your blogging and picking the best posts and linking them all together in one place.
For me it is a way of realising and sharing with my readers, the evolution that has taken place in my blogging, whether in terms of interests or style. I have been facing mind blocks to writing lately and doing this tag is the perfect way to come back. Thanks Psych Babbler.
The Rules are:
1) Blogger is nominated to take part
2) Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category. The links are:
– Your most beautiful post
– Your most popular post
– Your most controversial post
– Your most helpful post
– A post whose success surprised you
– A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved
– The post that you are most proud of
3) Blogger nominates up to 5 or more bloggers to take part.
4) These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
I have been blogging for just about 2 years now and it was reading my friends and sisters blogs that made me start. I was quite apprehensive about people reading my blog at first, not being too sure of myself, but blogging has helped me sort out my thoughts, organise them and helped my writing evolve through voracious blog reading and some writing.
1. My most beautiful post should be my first post 'Kathmandu to Syabrubesi'. It is a post about the bus ride from Kathmandu to the village where I was to start my first trek in the Langtang range of the Nepali Himalayas. It was the breathtaking (sometimes literally) experience that it was, which made me write my first post. I owe it to the beautiful snow capped peaks and the rushing rapids.
2. My most popular post is easy to pick thanks to the stats monitor i.e if most popular means most read. It is my post on the Mooncup - 'Menstrual Cup - Eco-friendly menstruation solution' and the number of readers is mainly thanks to the Mooncup website that tweeted my post. I am happy it is featuring on this list, because it is one of those posts that I would really like the most number of people possible to read.
3. My most controversial post is a difficult one for me, I am not as controversial as I would like to be ;-) but in terms of the subject matter it handled I am hesitating between the post on the HC decision to split the Babri Masjid into 3 - 'In the name of God' and my most recent post on the Photo exhibition at Gulberg Society, Ahmedabad - mourning the 10 years of the Gujarat pogrom - '2002-2012'
4. My most helpful post should be the one I wrote about the Feminist Empowerment therapy workshop I did and my learnings 'Blending Feminism and Mental Health Practice'
5. A post whose success surprised me has to be 'Me and my Body Image' I hesitated a lot before writing this post and was quite surprised by how many people read it.
6. A post I feel didn't get the attention it deserved is undoubtedly 'Grassroots Comics' and 'An ode to Amrita Shergill' comes a close second. Both are posts about people/movements I really appreciate and would have loved for more people to read. This is probably a second chance!!
7. The post that I am most proud of is definitely 'The Dirty Picture - Female Sexuality vs Patriarchy' particularly since it won me the TRBA honour!
There I did it, I wonder why this took me so long but here it is the posts that highlight my blogging experience and my topics that interest me.
Now to nominate other bloggers. I would like to nominate so many amazing bloggers especially since I have not been reading as much as I would like, but I am going to limit myself to 5 nominations
Random Thoughts - Dear Sister and an inspiration that drew me into the blogging world. I have read everything she has written and she is so versatile, would love to read her highlights again.
Between Life's Doings - A blogger and dear friend also instrumental in drawing out the blogger in me. I have read almost every article she has written and enjoyed them so much, would love for her to share her selection with her readers and me
My Musings - Yuvika is a blogger I recently started following and I loved so many of her articles. It would be great to read her highlights. She has a special place in my blogging heart as she awarded me the Versatile Blogger award :-D (A tag I am yet to do)
My Favourite Things - Also a blogger I recently started following and we have so many interests in common - Travel, Photography, books and Music. I would really feast on her highlights.
My world My perception - I really enjoy reading her blog and she has been silent since a while. I would love to read her chosen posts till she gets back to blogging regularly again :-)
So its your turn now ladies, do your thing and let me have those chosen posts to relish!